Gordon has been a resident and homeowner in Oakville since 1994. He is a father of 2 sons Connor and Colin who were born and raised in Oakville and has been married to Sandra for 26 years. He loves animals and has owned 5 poodles over the time he has lived in Oakville.
Gordon has been a licensed Real Estate Agent since 1981 and a tutor for children on the autistic spectrum through his corporation Spectrum Tutoring. He also tutored almost 100 students at Oakville’s Sheridan College towards their graduation diplomas. Gordon has also studied Early Childhood Education (ECE) at Sheridan College.
Gordon has sold over 3500 residential homes across the GTA including over 300 new homes in Oakville. His knowledge and experience uniquely qualify him to become Oakville’s newest mayor especially in relation to the real estate issues in all sectors: industrial, commercial, investment, residential, property taxes, business taxes, retail store owners, construction, capital assets. He possesses strong negotiation skills, open and fully transparent work ethics, empathy with all residents and is always completely non-partisan. If elected, no political ideology will be utilized in policy and by-law creation.
Gordon is fully trained to listen, learn, and acknowledge all residents’ concerns and to find solutions to all issues in an expedited manner. He will not be influenced by anyone or any organization to do anything politically, physically, or financially that does not always benefit Oakville residents. Gordon will work day and night to keep Oakville citizens safe, healthy, happy, and aware.
THINK GLOBALLY TO GROW LOCALLY!
- Immediately upgrade our storm sewers to handle larger capacity
- Upgrade all existing culverts to sewers
- Expand and upgrade our hydro capacity, including new energy sources, to keep our electrical power from brown and black outs
- Plant as many new trees all over Oakville as possible, mature trees and not baby stick trees that take decades to grow
- Replace the diesel generators on top of the Oakville Hospital with new natural gas generators or some other non-polluting generators
- Immediately replace all 90 Oakville town diesel buses with electric buses
COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT SINCE 1981
- The Toronto Real Estate Board
- The Canadian Real Estate Association
- The Ontario Real Estate Association
- The Oakville, Milton and District Real Estate Board
- The Mississauga Real Estate Board
- The Oakville Chamber of Commerce
- The Milton Chamber of Commerce
- Big Brothers of Halton
CHANGES WE NEED
Expand the town infrastructure. Remove and repair/replace program to include a weekly inspection of all hydro transformers, street lamps, fire hydrants, catch basins, sewer grates, town owned fencing, road mediums and more. Implement and repair/replace program that leaves no town capital asset in a state of disrepair at any time.
Eliminate all Town building permit fees (except for new homes) for residents’ decks, pools, additions, etc. This will increase the applications and inspections for these permits which are supposed to be for health and safety reasons, not as a cash cow revenue stream.
Immediate cancellation of all Council pre-screening of all Integrity Commissioner complaints. The Integrity Commissioner to be immediately reinstated on a full-time basis. All complaints to go directly to the Commissioner who will also resume all the duties and responsibilities that came with the position.